19 Oct 2013

31. MODERN MAGAZINE CONFERENCE ON MONOCLE THE STACK

http://monocle.com/radio/shows/the-stack/60/

It was the Modern Magazine Conference on Wednesday this week, an event organised by MagCulture's Jeremy Leslie to celebrate the print publication industry. I wish I'd been there, and I really feel like I should have, but priced at £140 I opted not to. Still not sure if I'll live to regret it or not. It's a conference with speakers curated from the most successful, forward-thinking titles around including Monocle's Tyler Brûlé, Apartamento's Omar Sosa, Bloomberg Businessweek's Richard Turley, the list goes on. And the event was so attractive because it's a focussed gathering for optimism in the paper form with insightful discussions and talks on how strong the industry is and can be. Leslie says many of these kind of conferences tend to be defensive over print, but this is an event of celebration.

Monocle 24 hosts a weekly show specifically about print and in today's edition, episode 60, they cover the conference and so it's a good listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment